Law enforcement covers a diverse range of occupations with the primary purpose to protect the rights and safety of citizens by seeing that existing laws are complied with. Law enforcement training is designed to prepare officers for the particulars of their areas of enforcement which are covered by some of the occupations to follow.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State —>
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Develop and apply basic statistical skills and quantitative reasoning for critical evaluation of quantitative information.
- Understand the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective criminal justice system.
- Examine ethical standards and issues in criminal justice processes and in professional decision making including the ever-present tension between crime control and appropriate civil liberties.
- Survey a range of theoretical approached that explain crime and apply theoretical reasoning and concepts to observations of crime and control.
- Analyze, from a restorative justice perspective, the needs of victims and offenders and the involved community as an alternative to satisfying abstract legal principals or punishing the offender.
- Appreciate the investigative profession as a scientific field; sample and apply physical science methods to solve forensic problems.
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate of Occupational Science
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Law: International Legal Studies
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Paralegal Law
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Criminal Justice - D.B.A.
- Homeland Security Leadership & Policy - D.B.A.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Criminal Justice
- And more...
Police officers work for their cities and enforce the laws within the limits of their municipality. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that police officers make a median salary of $55,010 per year and will realize a slower than average job growth of 7% through 2020. Police officers can apply with a high school diploma and must attend their force’s police academy. Those who further their education though law enforcement training classes open new opportunities for advancement in the force.
Fish and Game Warden
This area of law enforcement deals with fishing, boating, and hunting laws. The goals behind this area of law enforcement are to protect not only citizens but wildlife as well. The BLS groups their salary and job growth statistics with the police officers. Game wardens receive their specialized law enforcement training though their own academies and applicants can enter this law enforcement field with a high school diploma.
State troopers have practically the same duties as city police officers except that their jurisdiction is the entire state. They are typically found patrolling state highways and providing security at events such as state fairs. Their BLS statistics pertaining to salary and job growth are also grouped with that of police officers. State troopers typically have their own training academy like police officers and can apply with a high school diploma.
County Sheriffs and Deputies
Like the police and state troopers, these too are law enforcement officers but within the county jurisdiction. You will typically find them patrolling the outskirts of a city and in rural areas. Here again, the BLS groups them with the same pay and job growth statistics of police officers. Like police officers and state troopers, those applying to be sheriff’s deputies only need a high school diploma and will attend their own training academy.
Law enforcement training opens the door to a rewarding career in different areas of law enforcement. All law enforcement agencies work together and have lines of communication to make sure all citizens as well as wildlife are protected.
Law enforcement training is demanding but it prepares you for a job that is just as demanding if not more. However, the reward of helping your fellow citizens is great. If you think one of these occupations would suit you, check into the opportunities provided by law enforcement training today.
 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Police and Detectives, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/police-and-detectives.htm.